In this episode, Cheryl and Patricia discuss:
- How building a global brand workshop for Hay House founder Louise Hay built Brand Extension.
- Creating you can HEAL YOUR LIFE trademark for global workshop leaders.
- You Can Heal Your Life brand legacy and global reach through trademark licensing.
- Licensing is a means of establishing greater professionalism and credibility in leader training.
- People have evolved to a higher level of personal and spiritual awareness
- Brand extension through licensing helps people transcend cultural differences
- Ask your customers the right questions and they will tell you what they want from you
- Our human self will always need that spiritual, emotional, mental, physical transformation
When it comes to social media, ask yourself “How do I prioritize my time, so that I’m really sharing valuable information with people and not getting so caught up in going through a whole lot of stuff that may not be helpful?” — Patricia Crane
Connect with Patricia Crane:
Website: https://healyourlifeworkshops.com https://healyourlifetraining.com
Free Gift: Ordering from the Cosmic Kitchen
Connect with Cheryl Hodgson:
An entrepreneurial mindset includes developing an exit strategy for your business from the beginning of your business. This will frame the decisions you make early in the life of the company so you know “how to sell your business.” An exit strategy begins with a proper business structure, a business and a legal foundation to protect and grow the value of business assets as the business grows. The entrepreneurial mindset also focuses upon developing and protecting valuable Intellectual Property assets, including registered trademarks and other IP. Today’s guest, Attorney JP McAvoy, specializes in structuring new businesses with and helping entrepreneurs plan for the future in the present day, that exit strategy you'll be ready for well in advance.
In this episode, Cheryl and JP McAvoy discuss:
- His work with clients such as Elon Musk in developing growth and an exit strategy.
- The importance of building a successful launch ramp at the outset of a start-up’s creation.
- The value of creating a separate holding company for the brand’s intellectual property assets.
- How to create a company that becomes legacy.
- Structure the company for growth and future investments such as shareholding.
- Consider intellectual property and licensing opportunities as assets for valuation.
- Start the conversation with your attorney early to plan an exit strategy.
- Implement a will or trust so ownership shares don't end up in probate court.
"The sooner you start planning what the exit looks like, the better the likelihood of it being successful." — JP McAvoy
Connect with JP McAvoy:
Book: The Billionaire’s Lawyer
Free Resource: https://www.conductlaw.com/
Connect with Cheryl Hodgson:
Text PODCAST to (415) 212-9757 to receive notifications when new episodes are available. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Message frequency varies per user.