Podopolo: A New Platform for Podcast Marketing
Are you a podcaster, and learning the process of podcast marketing? In this episode, Melinda Wittstock shares her business, podcasting platform Podopolo. Podopolo is the first social media platform for podcasters and with a unique vision for podcast marketing. How can you attract sponsors for your show without knowing the demographics of your audience? The question of how to make money podcasting is closely related. In this interview, professional journalist and host of the Wings of Inspired Business Podcast, shares Podopolo’s difference from all other podcast platforms. Podcasters can now interact with their audiences and learn more about their listeners. Gathering listener data helps with podcast marketing campaigns. This data also helps attract the rights sponsors for the show as one learns how to make money podcasting.
In this episode, Cheryl and Melinda Wittstock discuss:
- Podcast Marketing is changing with the Podopolo platform.
- Podopolo as the first podcasting platform to create social engagement with listeners
- Podopolo allows podcasters to learn about their audience and own that data, unlike other podcast marketing platforms
- To answer the question “how to make money podcasting” one needs to know the audience to attract paid sponsors for your show
- Plan you podcast interviews based upon themes, not specific questions, so it can flow
- Learn to work in your zone of genius and not on tasks that can be delegated.
- Don’t make the mistake of hiring too late.
- Hiring is not an expense. It’s an investment, since it allows you to double down on your own specific unique strengths
- The best interviewers are great listeners
- Ask easy questions to make the guest feel really comfortable
“To conduct a great interview, be a good listener and ask open ended questions.” — Melinda Wittstock
Connect with Melinda Wittstock:
Website: https://podopolo.com or
Facebook: Melinda Wittstock
Connect with Cheryl Hodgson:
“How to start a podcast?” is a question best answered by Steve Olsher, Founder of Podcast Magazine. Steve has hosted two hugely successful podcasts for over 10 years. Podcast Magazine is his newest brain child, designed to bring fans closer to their favorite hosts and shows. For those who are interested in how to start a podcast, Steve shares some solid advice, “You absolutely should get into podcasting. It’s absolutely the right thing to do to support your brand and to support your company. And be very, very focused in terms of a particular niche.”
A podcast will help establish you as the credible authority in your chosen niche. It is all about implementation. And then, there’s the question of “How do you make money podcasting?” That’s possible if you take full advantage of the medium of podcasting to generate high quality leads and turn those leads into conversations and turn those conversations into revenue/ This is the key to answering “How to make money podcasting?”
In this episode, Cheryl and Steve Olsher discuss:
- Steve’s revolution and evolution in the podcasting space.
- The ascending spiral of popularity.
- Why podcast guests can expand your wheelhouse of knowledge and elevate your business.
- Ways to pitch yourself to be a guest on a podcast show.
- Podcasting is ubiquitous in the world of business and marketing.
- Focus on a specific niche in order to establish yourself as a credible authority and generate sales leads.
- Only pitch yourself as a guest to shows you know
- Articulate the value you bring to the show’s audience.
“You absolutely should get into podcasting. It’s absolutely the right thing to do in order to support your brand and to support your company while being very, very focused in terms of a particular niche.” — Steve Olsher
Connect with Steve Olsher:
Free Resource: MyUltimateDirectory
Connect with Cheryl Hodgson: