Podopolo: A New Platform for Podcast Marketing
Are you a podcaster, and learning the process of podcast marketing? In this episode, Melinda Wittstock shares her business, podcasting platform Podopolo. Podopolo is the first social media platform for podcasters and with a unique vision for podcast marketing. How can you attract sponsors for your show without knowing the demographics of your audience? The question of how to make money podcasting is closely related. In this interview, professional journalist and host of the Wings of Inspired Business Podcast, shares Podopolo’s difference from all other podcast platforms. Podcasters can now interact with their audiences and learn more about their listeners. Gathering listener data helps with podcast marketing campaigns. This data also helps attract the rights sponsors for the show as one learns how to make money podcasting.
In this episode, Cheryl and Melinda Wittstock discuss:
- Podcast Marketing is changing with the Podopolo platform.
- Podopolo as the first podcasting platform to create social engagement with listeners
- Podopolo allows podcasters to learn about their audience and own that data, unlike other podcast marketing platforms
- To answer the question “how to make money podcasting” one needs to know the audience to attract paid sponsors for your show
- Plan you podcast interviews based upon themes, not specific questions, so it can flow
- Learn to work in your zone of genius and not on tasks that can be delegated.
- Don’t make the mistake of hiring too late.
- Hiring is not an expense. It’s an investment, since it allows you to double down on your own specific unique strengths
- The best interviewers are great listeners
- Ask easy questions to make the guest feel really comfortable
“To conduct a great interview, be a good listener and ask open ended questions.” — Melinda Wittstock
Connect with Melinda Wittstock:
Connect with Cheryl Hodgson: